Terms and Conditions Truecaller ‘Ramadan Giveaway’ Contest
April 30, 2021
PLEASE READ THESE TERMS AND CONDITIONS (‘T&Cs’) CAREFULLY BEFORE AGREEING TO PARTICIPATE IN THIS RAMADAN 2021 GIVEAWAY (THE "CONTEST"). BY PROCEEDING WITH YOUR REGISTRATION AND PARTICIPATION IN THIS CONTEST, YOU HEREBY ACKNOWLEDGE, ACCEPT AND THEREBY AGREE ON IRREVOCABLE BASIS, TO BE LEGALLY BOUND BY ITS T&Cs MENTIONED HEREUNDER.
This Contest is organized by Truecaller International LLP (hereinafter referred to as “Truecaller” “Sponsor” which expression shall be deemed to mean and include its administrators, successors, legal representatives and permitted assigns) on the below mentioned T &Cs. The participants agree to abide by these T&Cs in its entirety. If any participant does not agree to any of the T & Cs, such participant shall not be eligible for the Contest. Truecaller reserves all rights to modify the T & Cs at any time, without notice.
The Contest begins April 30, 2021 at 16:30:00 ("GMT + 7") and ends May 12, 2021, 17:00 GMT + 7. ALL ENTRIES MUST BE RECEIVED BY May 12, 2021, 17:00 GMT + 7. Information on how to enter and prizes form part of these T & Cs. By submitting an entry, each entrant agrees to the T & Cs and warrants that his or her entry complies with all requirements set out in the T & Cs. This is a user submission based contest where users are randomly selected.
WHO MAY ENTER
Contest is open to anyone who resides in Indonesia. Other countries are not eligible to win the prize. HOW TO ENTER
NO PURCHASE NECESSARY TO ENTER OR WIN. To enter the Contest:
Each entry requires the participant to comment on Facebook
Each participants will be judged on the context of the comment and number of entries
Upon Sponsor's request, each entrant must be prepared to provide (within 5 calendar days of receipt of Sponsor's request) a response by providing their phone number and phone number of a their mother. CONTEST PRIZES
1. Five (5) winners of the Contest will be contacted by a social media network, telephone or email provided within the contest after conclusion of the Contest on May 12, 2021. The Contest prize consists of:
One (1) Samsung S21 smartphone. Colors vary depending on the sponsor.
1. Twenty (20) Free Truecaller Premium Annual Subscriptions valid for 365 days from the prize effective date. This subscription does not renew automatically, and after completion of 365 days, the user will go back to the free version of Truecaller (unless he/she renews the subscription based on the then applicable subscription fees).
Winners are responsible for receiving the Contest prize through Truecaller’s Facebook page, and the Truecaller app. If a prize (or part of a prize) is unavailable, the Sponsor, in its discretion, reserves the right to substitute the original prize (or that part of the prize) with an alternative prize to the equal monetary value and/or specification, unless to do so would be prohibited by law. NONCOMPLIANCE OR RETURN OF PRIZE NOTIFICATION AS UNDELIVERABLE, WHETHER BY REGULAR MAIL OR BY E-MAIL, MAY RESULT IN DISQUALIFICATION AND SELECTION OF AN ALTERNATIVE POTENTIAL WINNER.
LIMITATION OF LIABILITY
1. By entering this Contest, all entrants agree to release, discharge, and hold harmless Truecaller and its partners, affiliates, subsidiaries, advertising agencies, agents and their employees, officers, directors, and representatives from any claims, losses, and damages arising out of their participation in this Contest or any Contest-related activities and the acceptance and use, misuse, or possession of any prize awarded hereunder. Truecaller assumes no responsibility for any error, omission, interruption, deletion, defect, or delay in operation or transmission; communications line failure; theft or destruction of or unauthorized access to Contest entries or entry forms; or alteration of entries or entry forms. Truecaller is not responsible for any problems with or technical malfunction of any telephone network or lines, computer online systems, servers or providers, computer equipment, software, failure of any e-mail entry to be received on account of technical problems or traffic congestion on the Internet or at any website, human errors of any kind, or any combination thereof, including any injury or damage to entrants' or any other persons' computers related to or resulting from participation, uploading or downloading of any materials related to in this Contest.
2. By entering the Contest, the participant agrees that Truecaller shall not be liable for any claims, costs, injuries, losses, or damages of any kind arising out of or in connection with the Contest or with the acceptance, possession, or use of any prize (except any liability which may not be excluded under applicable law).
By entering, entrants also agree (a) to be bound by these T & Cs; (b) that the decisions of the Judges are final and binding with respect to all matters relating to the Contest; and (c) if the entrant wins, that Sponsor may use the winning photographs and each winner's name, photograph, likeness, and/or voice in any publicity or advertising relating to the Contest or future or approval (except where prohibited by law). All federal, state/provincial/territorial and local taxes, fees and surcharges and taxes (whether foreign or domestic, and including income, sales, and import taxes) on prizes are the sole responsibility of the prize winners. In the event that the selected winner(s) of any prize is/are ineligible, cannot be traced or do not respond within 10 days to a winner notification as required by the Contest T & Cs herein above, or refuses the prize, the prize will be forfeited and Sponsor, in its sole discretion, may choose whether to award the prize to another entrant. The Sponsor reserves the right to verify the validity and originality of any entry and/or entrant (including an entrant's identity and address) and to disqualify any entrant who submits an entry that is not in accordance with these T & Cs or who tampers with the entry process. Failure by the Sponsor to enforce any of its rights at any stage does not constitute a waiver of those rights. Entrants who Tweet or Instagram inappropriate language or photos with nudity, crude hand gestures, or profanity will instantly be disqualified and removed from the contest.
RIGHT TO CANCEL OR SUSPEND CONTEST
If for any reason the Contest is not capable of running as planned, due to infection by computer virus, bugs, worms, trojan horses, denial of service attacks, tampering, unauthorized intervention, fraud, technical failures, or any other causes beyond the control of Truecaller that corrupt or affect the administration, security, fairness, integrity, or proper conduct of this Contest, Truecaller reserves the right, at its sole discretion, to disqualify any individual(s) who tamper with the entry process, and/or to cancel, terminate, modify, or suspend the Contest.
Entrants are responsible for complying with these T & Cs. Winners will be contacted by social media network, telephone or email provided within Truecaller app profile within five (5) days of the Contest. Winners must reply to Truecaller’s social media message, telephone call or contest email ([email protected]) via message with their phone number in order to claim their prize.
The Participant hereby understands and agrees that the responsibility of Truecaller is limited only to the extent of communicating it to them about winning the Contest and the prize won by them.
1. The Contest is purely on a best effort basis and participation in the Contest is voluntary. By participating in the Contest, participant agrees to receive communication(s) from Truecaller and/or its event management company relating to the Contest and participant unconditionally agrees not to make any claim or raise any complaint against Truecaller and/or the event management company in this respect.
2. All Contest winners are subject to verification, including without limitation, verification of eligibility through checks as deemed appropriate by Truecaller and complete compliance with these T & Cs. Truecaller reserves the right to verify the winner's details either on its own or through its authorized agency / person and the winner shall provide all necessary assistance in such verification. In exercising this right, Truecaller may ask the winner to provide any documentary or other form of evidence, and if evidence does not establish the same then Truecaller, in its sole discretion, will have the right to disqualify the winner.
3. In the event of any conflict or inconsistency regarding any instructions, rules and conditions on any advertising or promotional material relating to the Contest, these T&Cs shall prevail over all such other instructions, rules and conditions.
4. Truecaller reserves the absolute right to amend the T &Cs of the Contest or extend the Contest period or cancel or discontinue the Contest or any part thereof without giving any reasons or prior notice. Truecaller reserves the right to substitute the prizes under this Contest with prizes of equivalent value, at its sole discretion. Contest shall be void, if prohibited by law. In such case, Truecaller shall not be liable to provide any gift(s)/ prize(s) or compensation to the winner on any account.
5. Entrants agree that personal data, especially name and phone number, may be processed, shared and otherwise used for the purposes and within the context of the Contest and any other purposes outlined in these Official Rules. The data may also be used by the Sponsor in order to verify the participant's identity, postal address and telephone number or to otherwise verify the participant's eligibility to participate in the Contest.
6. Decision of Truecaller in relation to the Contest and matter incidental thereto shall be final and binding on the participants. Dispute if any in respect of the Contest should be emailed to Truecaller at [email protected] . Any and all disputes, controversies and conflicts arising out of the Contest shall be referred to a sole Arbitrator to be appointed by the director of Truecaller in accordance with the Arbitration and the Conciliation Act, 1996. The place of arbitration shall be New Delhi and the language used in arbitral proceeding shall be English. Subject to the dispute resolution procedure as set out herein above, the courts at New Delhi shall have the exclusive jurisdiction in respect of all the subject matter with relation to the campaign.